NodalSure Project Management Suite
For certainty in compliance, assurance and asset data management
NodalSure flexible project management solution for major construction projects.
At last project managers can benefit from software with in-built expertise where, using Authority to Proceed gateways, assets and building systems comply with client requirements, safety and regulatory obligations at every stage. Large amounts of data can be managed with ease. The complete visibility provided by NodalSure enables the whole team to be better equipped to make decisions. This also streamlines the whole commissioning stage and, at project closeout, NodalSure provides a clear audit trail and full asset data for swift creation of Asset Maintenance Plans.
Large construction projects take specialist management. With many programmes of work and large multi- disciplinary teams they are challenging to control.
NodalSure is the online compliance management tool that improves control in all aspects of the project. It ensures client requirements are met and legal obligations satisfied. It provides assurance that everything has been completed correctly with a dynamic evidence base. NodalSure delivers comprehensive data on assets and systems for maintenance planning.
Avoid confusion and commissioning delays.
Even the most talented project managers face difficulties. At each stage of construction, they need to know the exact status of the project and be sure that work meets requirements. Yet they’re often frustrated by a lack of clarity on progress and a lack of certainty that each stage has been completed and documented correctly.
Nowhere is this more critical than at the commissioning stage. Here, success relies upon strict compliance with requirements throughout the project. Issues and problems which are not identified and effectively addressed until this stage mean rework and retests, which cannot be entertained.
Commissioning issues typically include incorrect equipment schedules, a lack of change control, and incomplete asset and compliance records at closeout. When vital steps and documents are lacking – from traceable tests and corrective action procedures to records of outstanding works & defects – it can result in negative impacts late in the project.
NodalSure mitigates commissioning issues and ensures full compliance with project requirements.
NodalSure - Right first time approach
NodalSure reduces the risks of large scale projects by providing the compliance and assurance support needed for cost-effective control. Simply using this tool instills a right first time approach.
How it works
The system provides a central database to plan and record all design and commissioning activities. It ensures that at key points along the way, the prerequisites of any activity are clearly identified, documented and cleared before further progress can be made. By linking the whole system to the project master programme, progress can easily be tracked and problems resolved. This reduces wastage generated by inadequacies in control.
NodalSure provides a clear view of the requisite compliance at every stage, with assured commissioning and evidence of witness testing and quality control processes for smooth project completion.
The Authority to Proceed (ATP) process, used on many large programmes is integral to NodalSure. On most large projects the ATP process is used to provide the assurance that the necessary checks have been made to ensure compliance. With NodalSure the ATP process works even more efficiently to deliver successful projects, in a visible and streamlined system. The transparency of the project process makes projects more efficient and less likely to fail, and the creation of an audit trail is the ultimate proof of compliance.
The system has the added benefit that at project closeout, comprehensive asset data can be automatically transferred into tools such as IBM’s Maximo Asset Management system. This means that maintenance teams can create and implement integrated plans from Day One.
Five ways NodalSure fixes compliance problems
Compliance at every stage
By deploying NodalSure, compliance plans are created to dovetail with the master project programme. Project target dates are integrated to create compliance deadlines related to every system, sub-system and asset, from mechanical to IT.
Progress is controlled through approval gateways
The Authority to Proceed (ATP) process is leveraged to eliminate approval bottlenecks and ensure the exacting standards of the project are met throughout, with a full audit trail and documentation on completion.
Compliance is planned from concept to completion with better results for clients and contractors where NodalSure is used.
NodalSure ensures progressive asset compliance, from individual components up to complete systems. This planning means that the project will fully meet client and legal requirements and be supported by a documented audit trail. On completion, building owners and their agents will have met their obligations in relation to commissioning and correct operation.
All your requirements are fully met
Control, assurance and visibility
NodalSure ensures compliance with requirements. The whole project team has the benefit of software access including Clients, Project Managers, Designers, QS and Contractors. Using NodalSure, the team can assign checks and pre-requisites for approval at every Authority to Proceed (ATP) gateway. NodalSure makes it easy to create and roll-out these pre-requisites, such as witness testing requirements, through its ATP template system. Planned dates for completion of ATPs and their related pre-requisites, are provided within the NodalSure calendar through dynamic integration with the project schedule.
Performance at a glance
Take control with NodalSure’s pre-requisites for assured delivery:
Using NodalSure ensures that components, installations and systems are compliant and phased area handovers are completed without surprises. This capability to exert greater control can mitigate the financial risks of programme and cost overruns.
Data management and collaboration
NodalSure provides assurance and visibility, controlled through a system of Authority to Proceed gateways.
By combining document management and collaboration tools, NodalSure solves the data management issues created by the volume and complexity of paperwork on major projects. Intelligence is built into the software, effectively de-skilling project management and overcoming skills shortages. Able engineers and project managers can put their energies into running the project without diversion into high-level trouble-shooting, as remedial work is not required.
Streamlined information management
Covers all your documentation needs
With NodalSure, project team members can share the right documents with the right people at the right time, and make decisions based on the right information.
Everything’s in the plan
With NodalSure the project team can identify potential compliance issues that could impact on the completion of any phase of the project and build this into the plan. In this way the project team can pre-empt the majority of problems, avoiding their impact. Any actual non-compliance is tracked and resolved to achieve the required project handover date.
The project schedule is protected
NodalSure achieves this through:
NodalSure deftly side-steps the problems of late completion of any phase of the project, preventing the knock-on problems this can cause.
Asset data for maintenance integration
Lack of asset data can be a costly problem. With NodalSure, high quality asset data is recorded throughout the project. This information is then available for the creation of asset maintenance plans. With comprehensive and accurate asset information, maintenance teams can plan the transition from construction to ongoing operation without delay.
Data is readily available on every asset within the build
When you use Zoral Labs - NodalSure, accurate asset data gathered within the software can be used to populate your maintenance plan within hours not days
Health and Safety management
- Ensures safe systems of work have been established prior to commencement
- Provides information to all parties on risks and hazards
- Ensures users have the correct level of competence to perform the role
- Manages the safe progression of the works by ensuring that progress is controlled until works have been verified as satisfactorily and safely completed.
- Creates a fully searchable document repository for project relevant documentation
- Facilitates and controls a review and approval process
- Provides a complete history of version changes
- Supports remote upload of documents in a variety of industry standard and commonly used formats including – but not restricted to - the Microsoft Suite, DWG, DXF, PDF.
- Links documents to any single individual, life cycle stage or process - or groups or combinations of groups or individuals
- Enables rigid control of permissible upload and access to documents through configurable document and upload access mechanism
- Enables automated and/or manual version management and multiple version storage
Authority to proceed (ATP)
- Drives a right first time approach to all activities
- Prevents activities from commencing without the required prerequisites being reviewed and signed off
- Promotes the timely production of the ATPs through links with the project programme
- Produces completion certificates for sign off directly from the software
- Maintains information about progress towards completion
- Creates templates for the easy replication of prerequisite requirements promoting continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Provides the client with a means of communicating concerns to the project team
- Gives the client visibility of the project management process
- Configurable and/or automated generic or personalized notifications, information transfer and alerts, either real time instant, delayed or scheduled via email, RSS feeds, system dashboard, SMS messaging and widgets
- Offers proactive, system generated notifications and alerts to facilitate passive project awareness
- Provides a fully searchable audit trail of any activities carried out within the system
- Provides documentary evidence of compliance and adherence to pre-defined processes
Outstanding Works / Defects management (OWD)
- Maintains a register of project OWDs
- Promotes timely completion of the OWD
- Generates email updates to active users automatically
- Import and export of data uses flat files, on-line calls to external web-services, and real time replication of reference data
- Supports the export and import of data to and from 3rd party components and software
- Direct interface to complementary Zoral Labs Technology products to augment the above process, including – issue tracking, task and risk management tools
- Provides reports which can be filtered to suit individual requirements
- Powerful Multi-Dimensional Reporting system supporting vertical and horizontal reporting along a variety of single or multiple parameters
- Instant onscreen real time reports, exportable, downloadable, printable and transferable via email or direct file transfer
- Configurable publisher supporting real time and/or scheduled publication
- Supports the addition of new reports by utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services
- Configurable publisher supporting real time and/or scheduled publication
- Creates a register of project assets
- Allows for grouping of assets by subsystem and various asset completion stages
- Tracks the assets through their lifecycle
- Allows for the import / export of asset data through comma separated variable (.csv) file format
Role based user permissions
- Controls access to specific activities through role based permissions
- Allows for delegation of roles within a specific timescale
- Mobile and static permission based secure access for read and/or write privileges
Zoral Labs NodalSure software solution supports all major Internet browsers
- The system is built using Microsoft ASP.NET, Microsoft .NET Framework, AJAX.NET, Spring.NET and Microsoft SQL Server, OLAP/MDX API
- The 3 tier architecture of the system facilitates significant scalability in terms of both volume of data and number of users.
- The optional adoption of Web clusters makes the process of management of increasing load of the system by adding new Web servers into Web farm an easy task.
- Microsoft load balancing service is used to manage common issues of enterprise level application: load of the web cluster, helping to enhance the scalability and availability of the web application, detects host failures and redirects traffic to operational hosts.
- Several Microsoft SQL DB servers creates SQL Server failover cluster that provides high-availability for entire SQL Server instance.
- The system was developed at Zoral Labs from the ground up, not only using the latest technology but leading edge methodologies which ensure a very high quality, adaptable system.
Zoral Labs domain expertise partner
Zoral Labs partnered with WMS technologies to build a premier, world-class project management software.
Established in 2004, WMS Technology provides project software solutions for top organisations, working on some of the world’s biggest construction projects.
The intelligence embedded within NodalSure has been born out of the successful collaborative project management practices developed for major projects such as Chek Lap Kok Airport in Hong Kong, the UK’s Government Communication Headquarters (GCHQ) and London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.
NodalSure has benefited from the insights and deep expertise of being part of the WMS group & Zoral Labs partnership, who have pioneered its implementation during the project management of major projects.
For a demonstration or further details please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org